BOARD OPERATIONAL GOALS
The Board is committed to the education of all students as appropriate for their individual abilities; to an awareness of the concerns and desires of the entire community regarding the quality and performance of the school system; and to the employment of a superintendent of schools who will ensure that the Lafayette School Corporation maintains a position as an outstanding school system and under whose leadership school personnel will carry out the policies of the board.
The board commits itself to the following goals:
1. To place the best interests of the students first and foremost when making any policy.
2. To interpret the educational needs of the community, and to meet them through the formulation of policies that stimulate the learner and the learning process.
3. To concentrate the board’s effort on its policy making and planning responsibilities.
4. To provide direction in order that the goals and objectives of the school system shall be effectively implemented.
5. To maintain effective two-way communication with the various publics served by the schools.
6. To develop, review, and analyze data appropriate for planning, evaluating, and implementing sound policies.
7. To conduct board business openly, soliciting and encouraging broad-based involvement in the board’s decision-making processes.
Board Adopted: September 8, 1980